Symptoms Of Prostatitis Can Include:
- needing to pee urgently, often in the middle of the night
- pain when peeing or after you ejaculate
- blood in your urine
- a feeling of heaviness behind your scrotum
- a urinary blockage, which means you cant pee when you need to.
There are different types of prostatitis. Bacterial prostatitis is caused by a bacterial infection, and can be treated with antibiotics. Then theres chronic prostatitis, or chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Doctors dont know yet what causes this condition, but it can be trigged by things like an injury, nerve damage or stress.
Read Also: Prostate Cancer Ruined My Marriage
Is Seeing Blood In My Semen Normal
No, seeing blood in your semen is not normal, but it could be a result of:
- Leaking of blood from a small blood vessel that bursts during ejaculation the same way that a person gets a nose bleed after blowing their nose.
- Trauma from a recently performed urologic procedure, such as a vasectomy or prostate biopsy.
- An injury to a structure of the male reproductive system .
- An infection.
Myths On Masturbation Effect On Kidneys
Many individuals tend to fall for misleading information. This is due to the lack of reliable sexual wellness information on the internet. Some of the myths around masturbation include:
- Masturbation increases the growth of hair on the palms.
- Masturbation leads to erectile dysfunction.
- Masturbation results in a low sperm count.
- Masturbation leads to penis shrinkage.
- Masturbation damages kidneys and causes kidney failure or kidney pain.
Read Also: Watermelon And Kidneys
Do Kidneys Recover From Alcohol
Acute kidney failure caused by alcoholic consumption can develop within a matter of days or even hours if the condition is left untreated. It can be fatal if the condition is left untreated or if alcohol consumption continues to occur. There is a possibility of a full recovery, but the risk of permanent kidney damage must be taken into account.
Signs You Might Have Kidney Stones
Kidney stones can cause severe pain in your back or your abdomen, especially if they are large. You might not begin to experience pain until the stones begin moving out of your kidneys and into your ureters.
You might also develop other symptoms that are common with kidney stones, including:
- Blood in urine
- Foul-smelling urine
Kidney stones can also cause you to feel a frequent need to urinate, but you might only produce small amounts of urine at a time.
In some cases, the stones are too small to cause symptoms, even as they pass through your urinary tract. However, if you experience any symptoms of kidney stones, schedule a diagnostic evaluation with our team at Urology Specialist Group.
We offer onsite testing services, including blood testing and urinalysis, to confirm your issues relate to kidney stones and not another condition.
Read Also: Is Watermelon Good For Your Kidneys
Recommended Reading: Does Flomax Hurt Your Kidneys
Is Beer Good For Your Kidneys And Bladder
In a few small studies, it has been shown that consuming beer in moderation may reduce stone formation. Theres no concrete reason for this, but it may be related to beers diuretic properties, which results in you urinating more often. As a result of urination, small stones are flushed from the kidneys before they can grow.
Shock Wave Therapy And Ureterorenoscopy For The Treatment Of Ureteral Stones
Kidney stones that have traveled to a ureter are called ureteral stones. These stones are typically treated using shock wave therapy or endoscopic surgery through the bladder and ureter. Several studies have compared the rates of success for these two treatments when used to remove ureteral stones. The results show that most stones can be successfully treated using shock wave therapy. But the rate of success for ureterorenoscopy was slightly higher:
- 78 out of 100 people who had shock wave therapy no longer had any kidney stones after the treatment.
- 93 out of 100 people who had an endoscopic treatment no longer had any kidney stones afterwards.
So people are more likely to need further treatment after shock wave therapy.
The advantage of shock wave therapy is that its less likely to lead to complications than URS is: Complications occurred in 19 out of 100 people who had endoscopic procedures, but only in 10 out of 100 people who had shock wave therapy.
The possible complications of ureterorenoscopy include bleeding and urinary tract infections like cystitis. The ureter may be damaged during the procedure as well. But serious complications are generally rare.
People who had shock wave therapy were much less likely to need supportive treatments afterwards, such as ureteral stents or a temporary artificial opening in the kidney. But pain was more common during and after treatment. Bleeding and infections also seem to be more common following shock wave therapy.
Recommended Reading: Celery Juice Kidneys
Pesticides Alcohol And Other Toxins
Low numbers can also be caused by chronic exposure to pesticides and other harmful chemicals.
Unfortunately, these toxins could be anything from non-organic produce, to the lawn treatment you use for your yard. Avoid unnecessary chemicals when possible and switch to organic food and products wherever you can.
On top of this, drinking alcohol and smoking can also damage your count over time. While occasional drinks are fine, daily binge drinking can dramatically reduce your numbers.
Other toxins to consider avoiding include BPA , perfluorinated chemicals , and certain medications . Talk with your doctor to see if any of these toxins could be the cause behind your low sperm count.
How Is The Infection Spread
It is difficult to spread a UTI between individuals, as the type of bacteria causing the infection is almost never contagious.
The most common way that a UTI is contracted is through the movement of bacteria from the anus to the urethra, either when wiping after going to the toilet or during sexual intercourse. Taking care during each of these activities can help to prevent the transfer of bacteria, which may then have the opportunity to overgrow.
Vigorous sexual intercourse may also lead to symptoms of UTI or cystitis in women , although there may be no bacteria present.
Also Check: Is Apple Cider Vinegar Bad For Your Kidneys
Bloating Or Fullness Distended Stomach Frequent Urge To Urinate And Frequent Urination
- Medical Author: Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD
Reviewed on 10/9/2020
Many different conditions can cause the symptoms of bloating, distended stomach, and urinary symptoms. Some conditions like diabetes can increase the risk for infection, which can cause these symptoms. Other common causes can include gastrointestinal conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, indigestion, or giardiasis. Talk to you doctor about any concerning symptoms to help determine the cause.
While the list below can be considered as a guide to educate yourself about these conditions, this is not a substitute for a diagnosis from a health care provider. There are many other medical conditions that also can be associated with your symptoms and signs. Here are a number of those from MedicineNet:
Dont Miss: What To Eat With Ibs Flare Up
What Side Do You Lay On For Kidney Stones
Using patients as their own internal controls, it was demonstrated that 80% of patients lying in a lateral decubitus position with the left side down had demonstrably increased renal perfusion in the dependent kidney and 90% of patients who lay with their right side down had similar increased perfusion.
Read Also: Renal Diet Orange Juice
Symptoms & Causes Of Water Retention Because Of Kidney Disease
Water or fluid retention, also called as edema indicates the accumulation of clear yet watery fluid in an abnormal manner in the cavities or tissues present in the human body. In simple words, fluid/water retention or edema takes place by the excess amount of trapped fluid in the tissues of a human body. The problem may affect almost every part of ones body individuals may often notice the problem more in the arms, hands, legs, feet and ankles. Edema or water retention may be caused because of many reasons, but it is very common because of kidney problems in patients.
Does Creatine Make You Bald
Essentially, when you take creatine supplements, the conversion of testosterone to DHT increases in the system. The increased levels of DHT alter hair growth by speeding up the cycle of each hair follicles, which can cause hair loss. Hence, taking creatine cause hair loss in individuals over some time.
You May Like: Is Celery Juice Good For Your Kidneys
Heavy Protein Loss Via Urine
When heavy protein loss takes place in the urine, patients deal with abnormal kidney functions. Heavy protein loss in human urine i.e. more than 0.3 grams in one day with its accompanying fluid retention implies nephritic syndrome. This syndrome leads to further reduction in the albumin concentration in the human blood. We know that albumin plays a prime role to maintain the level or volume of blood present in blood vessels. Hence, protein excretion causes reduction in the actual amount of fluid present in blood vessels. Kidneys then identify the depletion of exact volume of blood and hence, put efforts to retain the salt. Thus, fluid moves within the interstitial spaces and causes water retention. Protein loss in the urine takes place in specific kidney problems and thereby, leads to the edema development. In this situation, doctors go for biopsy of the patients kidneys to diagnose the type of kidney problem and thereby, give the right treatment.
What Are Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are painful accumulations of minerals that form in your kidneys and can cause serious pain. Often smaller stones can pass freely through your urinary tract without symptoms, but larger stones can become stuck in the urinary tract causing severe abdominal or lower back pain and other symptoms.
Also Check: Are Blackberries Good For Kidneys
Can A Sugar Pill Help You Pass A Kidney Stone
In initial studies of patients taking these medications or placebo , those on the medications were 1.45 times more likely to successfully pass their stone. They also required less pain medication and passed their stones more quickly with fewer return trips to the hospital than patients taking placebo.
You May Like: Coke And Asparagus Recipe For Kidney Stones
What The Research Says
Steps to reduce cancer risk often include a lot of things you shouldnt do. So, it may be welcoming news to learn that something many men find pleasurable may help reduce your risk of prostate cancer.
Researchers dont understand exactly why frequent ejaculation might provide protection against prostate cancer. One theory is that ejaculation rids the prostate gland of cancer-causing materials, infection, and matter that can cause inflammation.
Despite strong evidence in favor of frequent ejaculation, the theory remains controversial. And there are . The greatest controversy regarding these studies is about the age when ejaculation occurs.
A 2008 determined that men were more likely to develop prostate cancer if they were very sexually active in their twenties and thirties. The study also found no conclusive evidence that masturbation provide greater risk than intercourse.
Prostate cancer is the second most common kind of cancer men get. Skin cancer is the most common cancer. In the United States, one in seven men will get prostate cancer at some point in their life.
The following factors affect your risk of getting prostate cancer:
You may also have an increased risk if youve had sex with 30 or more women or if youve had a sexually transmitted disease. This may be because of your sexual habits. Alternately, it could be that you have a stronger sex drive due to higher levels of male hormones, which can be a risk factor.
You May Like: Osteocleanse Reviews
Can Stomach Bloating Be A Sign Of Kidney Failure
My husband was diagnosed in October with stage 3 chronic kidney disease and has not yet been seen by kidney doctor I was not aware of his chronic kidney disease because his doctor never discussed it with me he went to his doctor on March the 20th and I didnt realize he had chronic kidney disease until around March the 27th when I called about his blood work and thats when they told me he was diagnosed in October we went on April the 20th 2018 for blood work at the kidney doctor he has an appointment on May 3rd for the results of his blood work but he keeps talking about hurting it in his stomach both sides underneath his rib cage he had a colonoscopy done
How Is Blood In Semen Diagnosed
Your healthcare provider will:
- Take a full medical history, including asking questions about your current symptoms, when you first noticed the blood, how often youve seen blood in your semen, and your sexual activities/practices. You will also be asked about medications you take, if youve had any recent medical procedures, have any bleeding disorders, or have any symptoms of a urinary tract infection.
- Conduct a physical exam to check for lumps, swelling, redness or discharge from your genitals.
- Perform a rectal exam to check the prostate for swelling, tenderness or a lump.
- Check your blood pressure.
Your healthcare provider may order one or more of these tests:
- Urine culture to check for infections or abnormalities.
- STD test to detect any sexually-transmitted disease.
- Prostate Specific Antigen test to check for prostate cancer.
The results of your exam and tests may not show the cause of blood in your semen. Your provider may refer you to a urologist if your initial evaluation and urinalysis are not normal or if blood in your semen in present for longer than a month. Your urologist may order some or all of the following tests:
- Transrectal ultrasound to diagnosis prostate problems including cysts, calculi, varices, inflammatory changes.
- Computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging .
You May Like: Is Apple Cider Vinegar Bad For Kidneys
Drink Plenty Of Water Every Day
One of the easiest ways to reduce your risks of developing kidney stones is to stay hydrated. If you dont drink enough, the urine volume in your kidneys decreases and becomes more concentrated. Low fluid volume in your kidneys means the minerals that cause stones are less likely to dissolve.
Dr. Seaman recommends drinking about eight glasses of water a day, enough that your urine remains essentially clear to pale yellow in color rather than dark. You may need more water on days that you sweat heavily.
Urinary Reconstruction And Diversion After Cystectomy
Often bladder cancer can require complete bladder removal, and for men, usually means the prostate as well.
For women this can mean removing the bladder plus the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries and top of the vaginal wall. When the bladder is removed, the surgeon must reconstruct the bladder so that the urine can pass from the kidney out of the body. The kidneys which make the urine, the ureters which pass the urine to the bladder, and urethra which passes the urine out of the body are all still in place. There is no known artificial bladder has yet, the surgeon must create one one from intestine. Please See the Bladder cancer treatment page for more information.
Don’t Miss: Acv For Kidneys
How Does Ckd Impact Your Sexual Health
Chronic kidney disease can have an extensive impact on the sexuality of both men and women. Below are two lists of issues that are typically associated with CKD.
Common sexuality complications associated with CKD in men:
- Problems achieving or maintaining an erection
- Problems achieving ejaculation
Common sexuality complications associated with CKD in women:
Some Quick Tips On Things To Improve Male Fertility:
- Let the feel-good hormones flow When you work out, it releases the tension from the body and stimulates the blood circulation. This also enables the body to release endorphins that are feel good factors to elevate your mood and health.
- Get proper and healthy sleep- A healthy 8-hour sleep can go a long way in relieving your stress and tension. Healthy sleep is also essential for the optimal functioning of the reproductive system and boosts the production of healthier sperms.
- Get enough antioxidants- Make sure that your routine diet contains a lot of antioxidant-rich foods. Antioxidants help fight off the oxidative stress and protect the sperms from oxidative damage, thereby keeping a lot of fertility issues at bay.
- Eat lycopene-rich foodsTomatoes, watermelon, pink grapefruit are loaded with lycopene. Lycopene readily helps in producing good quality sperms in the body and prevents the chances of azoospermia .
- Zinc-rich foods to improve fertile health- Whole grains, chickpeas, and nuts are the excellent natural sources of zinc. Zinc is necessary for the optimum levels of testosterone and healthy sperm production in the male body.
You May Like: Ginger Good For Kidney
What Causes Male Infertility
Infertility is a common problem and may affect up to 15% of all couples: it is also on the increase as more people are delaying the start of their families. Infertility had been traditionally thought of as a primarily female problem urologists now realize that male infertility may also be involved in half of all infertility cases.
Alleviating Discomfort Caused By Uti Bloating
The bloating and pain associated with UTIs can cause severe discomfort and may last for a few days or even up to a week. Some suggestions for helping to alleviate this discomfort include:
- drink lots of water at least one large glass of water every hour to try and flush the infection out of the body
- eat small healthy meals regularly
- reduce sugar intake as certain types of bacteria feed off it in particular, avoid fizzy drinks as these can also cause gas
- limit your intake of any foods that you know you react to, such as wheat or beans
- certain nutrients have been shown to help with the symptoms of UTIs, including cranberry extract , D-mannose, and good bacteria
Also Check: Can I Take Flomax Twice A Day For Kidney Stones