Home Remedies To Cleanse Kidney And Liver
As mentioned above, cleansing your liver and kidneys is not a highly complicated task. A natural cleanse for kidneys and liver can be done right out of your kitchen. Lets look into what we can do:
For your kidneys
For your liver
What Does The Liver Do
Some of the essential functions of the liver include:
- Processing nutrients absorbed by the intestines so they are more efficiently absorbed
- Regulating blood composition to balance protein, fat and sugar
- Destroying old red blood cells
- Producing essential chemicals to help blood clot properly
- Breaking down and metabolizing alcohol and medications
- Producing essential proteins and cholesterol
- Removing toxins from the bloodstream, including bilirubin, ammonia and others
- Storing of minerals, iron and vitamin A
Scientists know that for the liver to take care of the body, it must be able to perform optimally. When many people think of liver disease, they often think of alcohol-induced cirrhosis. Cirrhosis is a serious health condition, but contrary to popular thought, alcoholism is not the only cause.
In fact, there are a number of nonalcoholic factors that can lead to cirrhosis of the liver and liver damage, including
- Eating uncooked shellfish
Fortunately, you can help improve your livers functioning. Through a thorough liver cleanse, you can start to feel better in a matter of a couple of weeks.
The Function Of The Kidneys
Your kidneys are located near the middle of your back, below the ribcage on either side. They are shaped like kidney beans and are about the size of your fist. They contain tiny filtering units called nephrons, which filter the blood and form urine to allow waste products to pass out of the body.
Only one healthy kidney is necessary for this process, allowing qualified adults to donate a kidney to a compatible family member as part of advanced kidney disease treatment. Of course, following such a life-saving donation, extra care must be taken to support the health of the remaining kidney.
Crucial functions performed by the kidneys include:
- Maintaining fluid balance and proper hydration
- Filtering and regulating minerals in the bloodstream
- Removing waste products resulting from food metabolism
- Eliminating toxins and medication residue
- Creating hormones which promote bone health, regulate blood pressure, and stimulate the production of red blood cells
In adults, the kidneys manufacture about a quart and a half of urine per day, depending on a number of variables. Some medications may cause an increase or decrease in the amount of urine produced.
The urine produced by the kidneys travels down the ureters to the bladder. Muscles which line the ureter walls tighten and relax to push the liquid down.. A small amount of urine is released by the kidneys every 10 to 15 seconds.1
Don’t Miss: Can Kidney Disease Cause Low Hemoglobin
The Whole Journey Kidney Cleanse Home Remedy Recipe
A simple, easy way to love your kidneys is by occasionally cleansing and protecting them with this âkidney loveâ cocktail.
The Whole Journey Kidney Cleanse Home Remedy Recipe:
You can make this and drink it daily for 7-14 days to give your kidneys the boost they deserve. And, this is a GREAT go-to at the very first sign of a bladder or urinary tract infection to help you knock it out fast and hopefully avoid antibiotics.
How Kidney Nephrons Work Is Interesting
The nephrons first filter fluid and waste, while preventing blood cells and large molecules like proteins from passing through. The filtered fluid then goes through a tube that adds needed minerals back into the bloodstream and removes wastes. Urine is the final product.
I tell you this not only because I find it fascinating , but because I hope it gives you reverence for the involuntary near-magical process that occurs in your body multiple times daily.
Itâs these kinds of realizations that help us understand how powerful our bodies are . Hopefully then, weâll want to give back to these organs that do so much for us.
Don’t Miss: Can Soda Pop Cause Kidney Stones
Those 500 Jobs Take Energy So Your Liver Cells Are Packed With Mitochondria
Mitochondria are like tiny power plants providing energy to our cells. When our mitochondria start to decline with age or illness, our livers can sometimes bear the brunt of this. There are as many as 2000 mitochondria in every liver cell and, without them running at 100%, our livers arent able to effectively detoxify our blood or properly metabolize the food we eat.
Luckily, those functions can be supported by choosing the right diet and supplementing it with MitoQ Liver, a formulation containing MitoQ, Siliphos® Milk Thistle, Selenium, and Vitacholine®. MitoQ recharges our mitochondria with targeted CoQ10 antioxidants, which help to neutralize free radicals and reduce the damage they can do to our cells.
Who Could Benefit From A Seasonal Cleansing Program
You are probably wondering if you are a good candidate for a seasonal cleanse. Keep in mind that even someone in perfect health can benefit from a cleansing program, because it also helps to prevent the development of various illnesses. If you suffer from most of the following symptoms, however, a seasonal liver-intestine-kidney cleanse is strongly suggested.
Don’t Miss: Is Ibuprofen Bad For Liver Or Kidneys
Symptoms Of Kidney Disease Can Include The Following:
- Dry, itchy skin
If you want to reduce your risk of developing kidney problems and support optimal kidney health, start by maintaining a healthy weight. Obesity raises the chances of developing diabetes and high blood pressure.
Other ways to reduce your risk of developing kidney problems include:
- Exercise is important in keeping blood vessels, the heart, and cholesterol under control.
- Dont smoke. Smoking dumps toxins into the bloodstream that damage the kidneys and other organs.
- Stay hydrated. A lack of water is one of the leading causes of kidney stones.
- Avoid coffee and colas that can dehydrate you and contain too much phosphorus.
- Avoid highly processed and refined foods. These contain large amounts of saturated fats, trans fats, free radicals, sugar, and sodium that increase the already heavy load on your kidneys. they can also contribute to obesity, heart disease, and high blood pressure. Remember to keep an eye on your protein consumption. Too much protein can also damage the kidneys. Excessive protein consumption floods the blood with toxic ketones. The kidneys go into overdrive to remove these toxins, increasing the stress on these organs. The kidneys use up a lot of water in the process of flushing these dangerous ketones away. Eating too much meat also means getting a lot of cholesterol and unnecessary calories.
Plant-Based Diet and Kidney Health
Avoid Animal Products For Healthy Liver
In order to flush or cleanse the liver properly in a natural way, you should essentially avoid animal products and mainly go with vegetables, high fiber fruits, nuts, seeds and legumes. In addition, you should drink about 6 to 12 cups of healthy and filtered spring water regularly to help in the flushing out of body toxins.
Other than this, you should strictly avoid refined sugar, saturated fats and alcohol, while enjoy a plenty of vegetable juices, like celery, beets and carrots. However, you should never focus on a diet plan solely consisting of juices, as not every individual achieves success in finding cleanse based on juices as a convenient option. Instead, you should use infrared sauna for 2 to 3 days in a week to achieve safe removal of stored body toxins.
Don’t Miss: Is Chamomile Tea Bad For Kidney Stones
Improve Your Dietary Habits
- Makoi Nightshade: Botanical Name Solanum nigrum
Nightshade plant is a very effective and potent medicinal plant used for liver disease to reverse the diseased state to normal.
- Kasni Chicory: Botanical name Chicorium intybus
Chicory is another medicinal plant used widely in the Ayurveda and the Unani Medicine system of medicine to protect the liver.
Myth #: You Cannot Protect Yourself Against Liver Disease
Contrary to this myth, there are many preventive steps you can take toprotect yourself against liver disease, says Woreta. The followingmeasures are recommended:
- Do not drink alcohol in excess. On a routine basis, men should not consume more than three drinks per day, and women should not consume more than two drinks per day to prevent the development of alcoholic liver disease.
- Avoid weight gain. Maintain your body mass index in the normal range by eating healthy and exercising on a regular basis to decrease your risk of developing nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Beware engaging in risky behaviors. To avoid the risk of acquiring viral hepatitis, do not engage in behaviors such as illicit drug use or having unprotected sex with multiple partners.
- Know your risk factors. If you have the following risk factors for liver disease, its important to go for screening, as chronic liver disease can be silent for years and go unrecognized:
- Excessive alcohol use
- Family history of liver disease
If you have the following risk factors for hepatitis C, it is important to speak with your physician about screening, as nearly 50 percent of patients do not know theyre infected:
- Anyone who received a blood transfusion prior to 1992
- Current or former illicit drug use
- Patients on hemodialysis
Growing up to 35 inches tall, bladderwrack grows along the coastlines of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, the North and Baltic Seas, and various waters in Canada and the United States .
Also Check: Can Liver And Kidney Damage Be Reversed
Choose The Best Fruits
How many servings of fruit do you eat per day?vitamins
- Youll consume high amounts of sugar.
- Youll introduce all the chemicals and preservatives that have been added to the juice to your body, forcing your liver to work harder to eliminate these toxins.
- The level of natural juice is actually very low, and by adding sugar to these drinks it significantly reduces their nutritional content.
Whats the solution? Eat fresh fruit thats raw, if possible. That means no fruit preserves, cooked fruits, or baked fruits. The best options to revitalize your liver are:
To revitalize your liver, pancreas, and kidneys, its a great idea to incorporate delicious fruit salads into your breakfast and lunch. Need an example? Add a bowl of melon, plum, and strawberries to your oatmeal. Its delicious! Or for lunch, add some pineapple to a spinach salad.
Simple Ways To Detox Your Liver
The liver may not be the CEO of the body, but it is still sitting in one of the corner offices.
For an organ that measures just two to four inches and weighs two to three pounds, the liver has two titles and more than 500 roles to carry out on a day-to-day basis. As the second largest organ , the liver has some weighty responsibilities that cant be delegated.
The liver is also the only organ that can lose up to 75 percent of its mass and still regrow back to full size!
While most people are aware that over-use of alcohol can cause damage to the liver, this is far from the only way the liver sustains damage. When the liver becomes damaged or compromised, it cant do its job of detoxing the body as well.
When this occurs, the liver needs help. These simple ways to detox your liver can help your liver get back on its feet, so to speak, so it can do its job to keep you healthy.
Remember, if you are under a doctors care for the management of any health issues or are taking any required medications, always talk with your doctor before changing your daily diet or health routine.
Simple liver detox remedies can often seem, well, simplistic. But here, the simple truth is that water helps the liver move toxins through its own cellular systems and speed them on their way out of your body.
A good general rule of thumb is to aim for 4 liters of water per day. Stay away from carbonated water or water in plastic beverage containers.
Recommended Reading: Can Too Much Alcohol Affect Your Kidneys
The Liver And Kidney Cleanse Drink
The first step in the liver and kidney cleanse, is the detox drink below.
Healthy, easy to make, effective, and safe, it is one of the best home remedies you can make to naturally detox and nourish your liver and kidneys.
Drink 2-3 times a day, always on an empty stomach
- Squeeze the juice of 1 organic lemon.
- Add to 1 liter of distilled or spring water.
- Shake the bottle of the apple cider vinegar until the cloudy part is well mixed.
- Add 1 tablespoon of organic raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar.
- Add 1 dropperful of Renaltrex
- Add 1 dropperful of Livatrex
- Optional: add organic stevia or monk fruit to sweeten
Update: The recipe below is designed for one serving. With that said, many of our testers prefered to make all the three servings the night before in a one gallon water bottle. This saves time and is also a great way to ensure you actually drink at least one gallon a day. Just make sure to keep the bottle in the refrigerator.
To Add Vitamins To Your Stockpile
Youâll also discover how to make Fruit Leather, the long-lasting solution for keeping all your fruits from spoiling, which they tend do to in a hurry, especially when left outside the fridge.
This will keep them good for months on end, and nobody will even suspect itâs real food. Only you will know.
Read Also: Who Can Donate A Kidney
How To Strengthen Liver And Kidneys Naturally
Heres a quick summary of the liver and kidney cleanse 5-day detox protocol:
Myth #: Liver Cleanses Are Important For Daily Health Maintenance And Areespecially Helpful After Youve Overindulged
Though liver cleanses are packaged to claim that theyre a cure-all fordaily liver health and overindulgence, Johns Hopkins hepatologists do notrecommend them. Unfortunately, these products are not regulated by theFDA, and thus are not uniform and have not been adequately tested inclinical trials, explains Woreta.
While some common ingredients in liver cleanses have been shown to havepositive results milk thistle has been shown to decrease liverinflammation, and turmeric extract has been shown to protect against liverinjury there have not been adequate clinical trial data in humans torecommend the routine use of these natural compounds for prevention.
As for overindulgence of alcohol or food, less is always best when it comesto liver health, and cleanses have not been proven to rid your body ofdamage from excess consumption.
You May Like: How To Pass A Kidney Stone Quickly
Do Supplements Help Your Liver
Milk thistle is an herb that contains a compound called silybin. Some people claim that it helps your liver work better and can help treat liver disease. But just as there isnât enough evidence that liver detoxes work, there isnât enough to show that milk thistle or extracts make your liver healthier.
Some studies say compounds from milk thistle have helped ease the symptoms of certain types of liver disease. But no research shows that it treats the disease itself.
Turmeric, sometimes called âthe golden spice,â can give your body a boost and may help protect against liver injury. But thereâs not enough research to support using it regularly for prevention.
Dandelion has also been considered a natural remedy for various conditions. More study is needed to prove that it works.
Remember that FDA rules about supplements arenât the same as for foods or medicines. Thereâs no guarantee that that they work the way they say or that theyâre safe.
If you think you might have any kind of problem with your liver or complications from a condition, talk to your doctor.